August 2014 Update

Once again, good news and bad.

I have managed to finally get my development environment working again after everything went to hell in June. I tried reinstalling WxDev-C++ a few more times (just in case), but no luck there. I also tried compiling wxWidgets for Netbeans using a couple of different documented guides, but again no luck.

In the end I had to uninstall the program that broke everything to begin with, then reinstall WxDev-C++. I’m still not 100% sure it is reliable though, since the first time I compiled something with it I had a metric ass-ton of errors… and then it compiled fine. Before I release anything I will be testing thoroughly on a few different computers to make sure they work.

The unfortunately bad thing is that the momentum I had back in June is gone. A lot of stuff going on at work and home has meant that the last thing I want to do when I walk in the door of an afternoon is to spend even more time doing practically the same thing as I do all day.

Hopefully it will settle down enough that I can at least get to finishing off the next release of BitMaker sometime this year.