Builds a pre-formatted PortableApps.com beta test thread.
I created this primarily as an offline beta test thread editor so I don’t have to check the clock when I go to post a new development test (in case it is forum maintenance time – which seems to be when I usually want to post something). If others also use it I am hoping it may help normalize the data that is posted as a beta test thread, and currently mirrors the existing forum template for beta tests quite closely, apart from the addition of a source link for open source releases (more changes to come, though). It also emulates the forum’s styling (eg. multiple new lines will be replaced by a maximum of two new lines).
|1.1.0 (released 18/06/2013)|
|Standalone Executable||Size: 12.94 MB||MD5: f1168fd25b7c81252db1de5dba761712|
|PortableApps.com Installer||Size: 3.21 MB||MD5: 6525dd8d3702db44cc984971d1585f3a|
Source code is available from gitlab.com/firedancersoftware/dev-test-thread-builder.
New in this Release
- Added developer permission as required field for bundled freeware releases
- Added checkbox for online installers with optional additional download size field
- Fixed Thread Title field missing the word “Portable”
- Add editor for Release Notes entries
- Basic HTML validation (verify tags are closed, check tags are in subset of HTML allowed in forum posts) in Description field
- Add controls for inserting allowed HTML tags, useful HTML character entities and smileys in Description field
- Display converted smileys in thread body preview
- Add drag/drop support to MD5 field to auto-calculate from a dropped file
- Select or drag/drop paf.exe (and/or appinfo.ini?) to auto-populate appropriate fields
- Save and load app details to/from database